Barry County, MI (pop. 60,540) County Seat: Hastings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study.
- Have had at least five (5) years of relevant assessing / appraising experience.
- Possess a Michigan Advanced Assessment Officer Certification.
- Considerable knowledge of appraising all classes of real estate, including in-depth knowledge of State guidelines.
- Demonstrated understanding of how projected real estate values changes property tax revenues.
- Well-developed skills in ensuring projected values are followed by local assessors.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with employees, professional contacts, elected officials, and the public.
- Ability to effectively plan and work under stress, with deadlines and changes in work priorities.
- Familiarity with BS & A software is preferred.
- Considerable familiarity with current professional trends, personal computers, software, and activities of professional and technical associations.
Salary range is $72,758 to $87,297 DOQE.
The County has approved pay scales through 2025, including for this position. Barry County offers its full-time employees a generous benefit package including medical insurance and MERS hybrid retirement plan.
Apply via email to Michael Brown, County Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter, contact information, and three (3) professional references. Barry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, equity and inclusion and seeks candidates who represent a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Questions regarding the position may be directed to the attention of Michael Brown, County Administrator, email@example.com.
Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt of application, with preliminary reviews to be completed by October 22, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
References for this document: