Home > virtual
On-demand access now available for MTA's Board of Review Basics Training
If you registered for MTA's recent Board of Review Basics Training, you now have access to the on-demand version as well!
Simply login at https://learn.michigantownships.org using the same email/password you use to login to the MTA member website, then click on "My Webcasts" to find the titles available to you. Click the title of the course you wish to watch, then find the "View Recording" button to get started. The presentation and other materials are available to download or print from the "Handouts" tab. Please note: The recorded version is NOT eligible to meet the new mandated training required under P.A. 660.
If you attended the live course on June 10, be sure to follow read and complete these requirements in order to earn your STC mandated training credit:
- MTA is required to track and verify attendance for every participant who wishes to receive credit to fulfill the training mandate. You must have logged in on time at the start of the class and stayed for the duration (including the Q&A at the end).
- You must have been visible on webcam for the duration of the class. If you did not have a webcam, you must sign and submit an individual affidavit (found here) to receive credit.
- Did you watch with others on one computer using one Zoom login? You must submit a group sign in/out form, AND each person must submit an affidavit as well.
- Each individual MUST take the required quiz online by no later than June 17. A link to the quiz was provided in the Chat feed near the end of class, and was emailed to each email address that logged to the Zoom session. If you did not receive the quiz link, please email email@example.com to be sent the link again.
NOTE FOR THOSE VIEWING AS GROUPS: If you have multiple people viewing via one Zoom login, the individual who logged in was the only one who was sent the quiz link via email, which may be forwarded to other participants, as needed. You may NOT take the quiz as a group, each person must have a unique quiz record under their name in order to be certified.
Did you register for the 2021 Virtual Conference & Expo? Our on-demand version is now available!
We hope you enjoyed the one-of-a-kind virtual experience MTA presented for you and the hundreds of other township officials and staff, vendors, speakers and VIPs joining us for the 2021 Virtual Conference & Expo.
Miss some (or all) of the action? You can still get access to on-demand recorded sessions, handouts, MTA bookstore discounts and the Virtual Expo, now through June 30, 2021!
First time logging in? Follow these instructions (or view the video below):
- From your computer, click on the link in the confirmation email (or the link above). We recommend the Chrome browser for best performance; download it for free here.
- Enter the email address where you are receiving this message, then select the "Continue" button. Note: Do NOT use any “Continue With” button, or your device may auto-fill an incorrect email address.
- If you’ve logged in to this or another an MTA virtual event before, enter your password and you’re in! If you're a first-timer, create a new password of your choice, and click “Sign Up.” Then, review/update your profile, accept the terms & conditions, and click continue to enter the website.
Prefer a more visual approach? View our "how to login" video here:
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS & LOGIN FAQS
- If you receive an error message that your email address is not registered, first double check the spelling, and that you are using the email address on file with MTA, and try again. Still having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, township and the email address you wish to use, and we will update your account.
- I don't think you have my email address. What now? Unless you're watching with someone else, we MUST have your email to give you access to the training. Please send it to email@example.com along with your name, title, township/county and email address so an account can be created for you.
- Get a blank screen when you click the link to login? Not all internet browsers play nice. Try a new one -- Chrome works best. (Internet Explorer and Safari are not recommended due to compatibility issues.)
- Having login issues? Be sure you are using the email address that is on file with MTA. Or, you may need to clear your cache; click here for instructions.
- Having other problems? There might be a quick fix! View or download our troubleshooting guide for help on common issues. Or check out our Top Tech Tips for more helpful advice.
- I didn't get the confirmation email, but I know I'm registered. Can I still log in? Yes! Simply head to the virtual event website at the link above, and enter the email on file with MTA, then follow the directions above to login.
Please note: This virtual event is not included for free in any of the MTA Online webcast subscription packages.
For additional troubleshooting assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 321-6467.
2021 Virtual Conference Vendor Partners:
2021 Virtual Conference Vendor Patrons:
Anderson, Eckstein & Westrick, Inc. (AEW)
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors
Fleis & VandenBrink
The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc.
Michigan Municipal Risk Management Association
Spalding, DeDecker & Associates
Ted Hartleb Agency
USDA Rural Development
Williams & Works