Home > virtual
Thank you for attending MTA’s 2021 Virtual Board of Review Training
The live sessions are now complete, however you can still login and take advantage of many great resources on the virtual event platform including recorded versions of each session, now available for 30 days! Have questions about the state mandated training credits or assessor’s renewal credits? Read on for more details.
A RECORDED VERSION OF ALL SESSIONS IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ON-DEMAND ACCESS
- Basic, Beyond and Advanced Training: Recorded versions of each class are now available. Simply login, find the tab for your class, and click “Play”! Zoom is not required to view the on-demand versions of the class.
- PLEASE NOTE: Recorded versions of these courses have not been approved to fulfill the state mandated training requirement for board of review members under PA 660 (for the Basics) and Assessors may not receive continuing education credit hours for viewing the Advanced session on-demand. See below for additional info.
- Virtual bookstore: View and order a variety of publications available to help you succeed, including the new 2021 Board of Review Guide.
- Handouts & Materials: You'll find the presentation and many other resources under the “Handouts” buttons. Feel free to print, or simply download for later reference.
Frequently Asked Questions about the PA 660 mandated training requirement:
- What is required to meet the new state training mandate? To meet the PA 660-mandated training, you MUST have:
- Attended a live “Basic” session. (The “Beyond” or “Advanced” sessions will not fulfill the requirement, unless taken with the “Basic” course.)
- Signed in to the live session using your name/title/township/county and email, and stayed for the entire duration of the course.
- Enabled your video and remain on camera for the duration of the course OR sign and return this affidavit to MTA.
- Complete the required quiz within five business days after attending.
- Did you view as a group? You must use a group sign-in/out form AND each attendee must complete/sign an individual affidavit to receive a certificate. Use the links above to get the forms and instructions on where to return them. Be sure that EVERY attendee who wishes to get credit is sent the link by the individual who logged into the meeting, or request the quiz link from MTA, and complete it within 5 days of the training.
- Not able to watch the entire class at once? You must let us know which dates you watched, as MTA is required to track and verify your participation. Email your name, title, township plus each date & time of viewing, along with an affidavit for each date, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for your certificate? MTA is still working to verify attendance and quiz records. No Advanced course certificates have been sent, and Basic certificates have only been sent for those who attended on Jan. 25 or Feb. 2 (updated as of 2/26/21). Please ensure that you have completed all necessary forms and completed the quiz within the time limit. MTA will email the certificate to you and/or your supervisor/assessor when ready. Certificates typically take 2-4 weeks from the course date for processing; we appreciate your patience!
Ready to view the recorded version? Read on for details on how to get started or watch this video tutorial for step-by-step instructions…
Watch this video tutorial for step-by-step instructions:
To log in for the first time, follow these simple steps:
- From your computer, click on https://app.socio.events/ODk1Mw or use the link in your confirmation email. We recommend the Chrome browser for best performance.
- Enter the email address where you are receiving this message, then select the blue "Continue" button. Note: Do not use any “Continue With” button, or your device may auto-fill an incorrect email address.
- If you’ve logged in to this or another an MTA virtual event before, enter your password and you’re in! If you're a first-timer, create a new password of your choice, and click “Sign Up.” Then, check out your profile, accept the terms & conditions, and click continue to enter the website.
- To view an on-demand session, simply click on the appropriate section in the left-hand menu, then click the “View Recording” button to begin the video.
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS & LOGIN FAQS
If you receive an error message that your email address is not registered, first double check the spelling, and that you are using the email address on file with MTA, and try again. Still having trouble? Email email@example.com with your name, township and the email address you wish to use, and we will update your account.
I don't think you have my email address. What now? Unless you're watching with someone else, we MUST have your email to give you access to the training. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, title, township/county and email address so an account can be created for you.
Get a blank screen when you click the link to login? Not all internet browsers play nice. Try a new one, Chrome seems to work best. (Safari is not compatible and cannot be used to access this training.)
Having login issues? Be sure you are using the email address that is on file with MTA. Or, you may need to clear your cache; click here for instructions.
Having other issues? There might be a quick fix! View or download our troubleshooting guide for help on common issues.
I didn't get the confirmation email, but I know I'm registered. Can I still log in? Yes! Simply head to the virtual event site at https://app.socio.events/ODk1Mw and enter the email on file with MTA, then follow the directions above to login.
Also, please add the email address "email@example.com" (or even better, the "@michigantownships.org" domain) to your Safe Senders or "whitelist" in your email client. This will ensure future confirmations and other key communications from MTA can be delivered to you.
For additional troubleshooting assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 321-6467.