Home > virtual
Get ready for MTA's 2021 Virtual Conference & Expo!
MTA staff are busy preparing a one-of-a-kind virtual experience for you and the hundreds of other township officials and staff, vendors, speakers and VIPs joining us for the 2021 Virtual Conference & Expo. Below is are more details, login instructions, a schedule of events and tips and tricks for making the most of your conference experience!
THIS LINK MAY BE USED TO LOGIN FOR ALL CONFERENCE SESSIONS AND PRE-CONFERENCE COURSES, INCLUDING BOARD AUTHORITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ROLES, ASSESSOR'S RENWAL, AND LEGAL INSTITUTE.
Follow these instructions to log in (or view the video below for a visual tutorial):
- From your computer, click on the link in the confirmation email (or the link above). We recommend the Chrome browser for best performance; download it for free here.
- Enter the email address where you are receiving this message, then select the "Continue" button. Note: Do NOT use any “Continue With” button, or your device may auto-fill an incorrect email address.
- If you’ve logged in to this or another an MTA virtual event before, enter your password and you’re in! If you're a first-timer, create a new password of your choice, and click “Sign Up.” Then, review/update your profile, accept the terms & conditions, and click continue to enter the website.
NOTE: The links to enter our live sessions will not appear until few minutes before the session begins. (So don't worry if you can't get in early, nobody is in there anyway!) Where you currently see the words "Video Stream" a new button will appear to "Join Live Stream" -- simply click that button then "Open Zoom" to enter the session. You may be held in a waiting room for a few minutes before the session, so if you see that message, just hold tight -- you are in the right place!
Prefer a more visual approach? View our "how to login" video here:
TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS & LOGIN FAQS
- Using an iPad or tablet to log in? Some tablets and iPad don't cooperate with Zoom. We suggest using a computer or smart phone instead, or see our helpful Tablet/iPad user help tips here.
- If you receive an error message that your email address is not registered, first double check the spelling, and that you are using the email address on file with MTA, and try again. Still having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, township and the email address you wish to use, and we will update your account.
- I don't think you have my email address. What now? Unless you're watching with someone else, we MUST have your email to give you access to the training. Please send it to email@example.com along with your name, title, township/county and email address so an account can be created for you.
- Get a blank screen when you click the link to login? Not all internet browsers play nice. Try a new one -- Chrome works best. (Internet Explorer and Safari are not recommended due to compatibility issues.)
- Having login issues? Be sure you are using the email address that is on file with MTA. Or, you may need to clear your cache; click here for instructions.
- Having other problems? There might be a quick fix! View our top Tech Tips for help on logging in and other common issues.
- I didn't get the confirmation email, but I know I'm registered. Can I still log in? Yes! Simply head to the virtual event website at the link above, and enter the email on file with MTA, then follow the directions above to login.
Please note: This virtual event is not included for free in any of the MTA Online webcast subscription packages.
For additional troubleshooting assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 321-6467.
2021 Virtual Conference Vendor Partners:
2021 Virtual Conference Vendor Patrons:
Anderson, Eckstein & Westrick, Inc. (AEW)
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors
Fleis & VandenBrink
The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc.
Michigan Municipal Risk Management Association
Spalding, DeDecker & Associates
Ted Hartleb Agency
USDA Rural Development
Williams & Works