Employer: Village of Lake Odessa, MI
Closing Date: 1/21/2019
Apply online with résumé, cover letter, salary history, consent form (see below) and five professional references by January 21, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village of Lake Odessa, MI (2,018) seeks candidates to apply for the position of Village Manager.
Lake Odessa is a progressive, full-service community in southern Ionia County, with 8 full-time employees and an annual budget of approximately $4.2 million. The Village Manager reports to a seven-member Village Council.
The successful candidate will have:
- A background in administering municipal operations, particularly financial/personnel management, planning/zoning, economic development, grant writing/administration, policy development and project management.
- A minimum of five years' executive-level managerial experience in public/local government
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field. Master's degree or law degree is desirable, but not required. (Being a member of ICMA/MME/MLGMA is desirable, and credentialed Manager is an additional plus. Neither, however, is a requirement.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; an approachable, welcoming style with the community and staff; and a proven record in effective service delivery and creative problem solving.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills, and a collaborative, team-oriented management style.
Questions can be directed to Village President at email@example.com. Candidates desiring confidentiality of their interest, as allowed for and provided by Michigan law, must so indicate in a separate subject line above the body of the cover letter.