Byron Township (Kent Co.) is seeking applications for the position of full time Deputy Treasurer.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the public over the phone and in person and/or written correspondence, answering general tax questions.
- Receives, processes and balances tax payments, water/sewer utility payments and all other township cash receipts. Duties include, but are not limited to, data entering payments into computerized cash receipting system (BS&A), balancing daily receipts, generating related reports and preparing the daily bank deposit.
- Monitors and maintains assigned bank account, conduct research as necessary to resolve discrepancies.
- Issues dog licenses, verifying and recording information, and maintaining related records and files.
- Manages monthly mobile home fees and disbursements.
- Assists with general operations of the treasurer’s office.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of delinquent personal property notices.
1. High school diploma or equivalent plus additional coursework/training in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field.
2. Two to four years of related accounting/bookkeeping experience.
3. Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and other financial recordkeeping software which are necessary to create, process and maintain various documents and reports. Byron Township uses BS&A.
4. Interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to all levels of staff, the general public, and others. The applicant is also required to handle problems and conflicts in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner. Interpersonal skills also include the mental ability to multitask under pressures such as working with a disgruntled customer at the counter, with customers waiting in line, with telephone activity at the same time, while meeting deadlines working on tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.