Royal Oak, Michigan, population 59,006, is a dynamic city full of opportunity and excitement! With a centennial celebration right around the corner in 2021, the city looks forward to its next city manager leading the community forward to an exciting future.
The city has 330 full-time employees as well as 150-200 part-time employees. Royal Oak’s General Government Activities Budget is approximately $70 million, and a total all-fund budget of the city is approximately $210 million.
Candidates must possess:
- Demonstrated leadership in municipal operations with a strong emphasis on customer service, teamwork and collaboration
- Well-developed strategic planning skills
- Trustworthiness and a welcoming approach with elected officials, residents, the business community, and employees
- Active listening skills, excellent communication abilities and proven community engagement expertise
- Seven to ten years of increasingly responsible senior management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration or related field. An MPA or MBA is preferred. Extensive experience in government administration and/or management may be substituted for educational requirements
- Residency is desirable
Starting salary is $140,000 - $150,000 +/- DOQE, with excellent benefits.
For a full job description and to apply online by January 17, 2020, visit GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Jaymes Vettraino, Vice President.